HOLY TOO BUSY TO BAKE RECENTLY BATMAN! Sorry....It has been a while, I know, I am a HUGE slacker...well not really because in actuality I have been desperately trying not to FAIL my last semester of college, working, climbing, and reading really funny blogs like thebloggess.com hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/ and http://semi-rad.com/ So that is my excuse. Don't judge me.
It started feeling like summer here in Asheville in March so I have been craving summery cupcakes. I tweaked my shoulder climbing yesterday and decided to take the day off of climbing. What better to do on a day that you aren't getting your regular exercise than bake something that requires an entire pound of butter and powdered sugar? Whatever...they have fruit in them so that makes them healthy right? RIGHT! So here is the recipe for strawberry lime cupcakes with strawberry lime buttercream icing.
2sticks (1/2 lb) butter room temp.
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups flour
2tsp baking powder
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups sliced strawberries
4tsp lime juice
zest from one lime
MAKES A SHIT TON OF CUPCAKES...
(16 large + 30 small)
1) Preheat oven to 350. Insert liners into cupcake pans
2) In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar in electric mixer for 3-5 min. until fluffy.
3) Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
4) In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder
5) Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternating with milk. Mix for 3 minutes
6) with a rubber spatula fold in the strawberries, vanilla, lime juice, and zest
7) fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes in pan
Strawberry Lime Buttercream:
Shit ton of powdered sugar (1 Large bag)
4 large strawberries
2 sticks of butter
1Tbs. lime juice
1/2 tsp lime zest
MIX ALL THIS SHIT TOGETHER UNTIL YOU GET THE CONSISTENCY YOU WANT.
Garnish with fresh mint from your garden...don't have a garden? Sucks for you.