Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cupcakes=Love

So, if you ask my boyfriend, girlfriends, roomie, landlords etc. they might tell you that recently I have become obsessed with cupcakes. Eating them, baking them, decorating them, and a recent favorite, getting into food fights with them. Some of these people think I have a problem. Others encourage me to keep baking and challenge me to keep pushing the boundaries of my creativity. Some recent projects included:
King cake cupcakes with lemon zest cream cheese frosting and Mardi Gras flare.
80's night blackberry cupcakes (pictured in header)
Nutella Olive Oil cupcakes (fail!) these were intended to be topped with white chocolate covered strawberries
Dark chocolate cupcakes with Nutella buttercream (Did I mention I also have a crush on Nutella)
Ok enough talkie talkie, here are some photos to give you an idea of what I have been up to recently


(Above) Chocolate cupccakes with nutella buttercream or cream cheese icing

King Cake cupcakes



(Above) Failed attempt at making Nutella Olive Oil cupcakes

(Above) Valentine heart cupcakes with climbing themed expressions

Blackberry cupcakes with blackberry buttercream icing.


Leighties Night cupcakes Blackberry surprise.



2 comments:

  1. Well, I just love this. How fitting that I'm reading this right now....I did a morning session at the climbing gym, now I'm eating a Whiskey Cupcake with Maple Frosting and sprinkled bacon at cupcake royale as I try and write (aka get distracted by this and other blogs) and in two hours I'm heading back for an evening session at stone gardens. Cheers to girls who bake, climb, eat, and send!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melina, so good to hear from you and glad to have support from such an amazing writer and outdoorswoman. I love stone gardens! man I miss seattle! and that whisky cupcake sounds amazing! Keep crushin!

    ReplyDelete